A man is facing several weapons and drug trafficking charges after Halifax Regional Police searched three locations in Dartmouth Thursday.
Police say cocaine, cash, three loaded handguns and ammunition were all seized when police, including the drug unit, searched an address on Galaxy Avenue, along with two rooms at the Courtyard by Marriott Halifax Dartmouth.
John David Marsh, 26, appeared in Dartmouth Provincial Court today to face charges of:
- Six counts of possession of a firearm contrary to a firearms prohibition
- Three counts of unsafe storage of a firearm
- Three counts of possession of a weapon dangerous to the public peace
- Three counts of unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Three counts of unauthorized possession of a firearm knowing it is unauthorized
- Three counts of possession of a restricted or prohibited firearm with ammunition
- Tampering with a serial number
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking - Cocaine
- Three counts of failure to comply with conditions
In addition, police say a 20-year-old woman will appear in court at a later date to face drug charges.
Anyone with information on illegal weapons or drug activity is asked to contact police at 902-490-5016 or submit an anonymous tip through Crime Stoppers.