A man is facing a slew of charges after a crash late Saturday morning.
Halifax Regional Police received a report about a possible impaired driver in a Kearney Lake Rd. parking lot at around 11:10 a.m.
When officers arrived, they say the driver sped off but didn't get far before the vehicle crashed.
No one was hurt, but the driver was arrested and police say they seized a loaded handgun.
Andrew Jason Hudder, 34, is scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court today on the following charges:
- Careless use of a firearm
- Unsafe storage contrary to regulations
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing it is unauthorized
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle
- Possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition
- Tampering with a serial number
- Four counts of possession of weapons contrary to a prohibition order
- Operation of a conveyance while impaired
- Flight from police
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
- Refusal of a breath demand