A man is facing charges after an incident in the Spryfield area Wednesday afternoon.
Halifax Regional Police were called to Hartlen Avenue just after 3 p.m. after getting a report of a man with a firearm.
Arriving officers arrested a suspect without incident and seized a loaded handgun.
William Anthony Cohoon 28, of Halifax will appear in Halifax Provincial Court today to face charges of:
- Use of a firearm in the commission of an offence
- Careless storage of a firearm
- Possession of weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing it is unauthorized
- Unauthorized possession in a motor vehicle
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition