If the COVID-19 pandemic has affected your income, you can't be evicted for the next three months.
The announcement was made today by Premier Stephen McNeil at the province's daily news conference.
Here's the full list of measures announced on March 19:
- investing $2.2 million so that every individual and family member on income assistance will receive an additional $50 starting Friday, March 20, to help pay for food, cleaning supplies and personal care items. People do not need to apply.
- $1-million to help Feed Nova Scotia purchase food and hire more staff
- no tenant can be evicted because their income has been impacted by COVID-19, effective immediately for the next three months
- emergency funding of $230,000 for Senior Safety Programs and Community Links to help vulnerable older adults
- university students from Nova Scotia who are still living in residences need to go home, to provide space for social distancing for those students from outside the province who are not able to travel
Nova Scotians can find accurate, up-to-date information on COVID-19, handwashing posters and fact sheets at https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus.