Two men have been charged with multiple weapons offences after a traffic stop Tuesday afternoon.
At roughly 2 p.m., investigators from the Guns and Gangs Unit of the Integrated Criminal Investigation Division, assisted by members of the HRP Emergency Response Team, stopped a vehicle on the Cobequid Road in Lower Sackville in relation to an ongoing investigation.
Officers stopped the vehicle without incident and investigators seized a handgun and ammunition.
Vernon Washington Brown, 20, and Erich William Heckel, 20, both of Halifax, face the following charges:
- Careless handling of a firearm
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Carrying a concealed firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited firearm without authorization
- Possession of a prohibited firearm knowing it is unauthorized
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm in motor vehicle
- Possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition
They were scheduled to appear in Dartmouth Provincial Court on Wednesday.