HALIFAX REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY
The Halifax Regional Municipality hosted the Urban Design Awards 2021 Virtual Ceremony on Wednesday, June 9. The ceremony celebrated urban design excellence in the region, including excellence in urban development, heritage restoration and adaptive re-use, architecture, civic improvement projects, community initiatives, and student projects completed after January 1, 2013.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the virtual ceremony. Congratulations to the winners, who were selected by an independent jury:
Civic Design Category
- Award of Merit in Civic Design – Keshen Goodman Outdoor Library (Lead Firm: Outside! Landscape Architects)
- Award of Excellence in Civic Design – Halifax Waterfront Seabridge (Lead Firm: Develop Nova Scotia)
Community Connections & Initiatives Category
- Award of Merit in Community Connections & Initiatives – Daffodil Garden for Cancer Survivors (Lead Firm: Outside! Landscape Architects)
- Award of Excellence in Community Connections & initiatives – Word Murals (Lead Firm: Fathom Studio)
Urban Fragments Category
- Award of Excellence – Alderney Pedway (Lead Firm: Abbott Brown Architects)
Heritage Restoration Category
- Award of Excellence – The James Power Cottage Restoration (Lead Firm: DSRA Architects)
Heritage Adaptive Re-use Category
- Award of Excellence – City Hall New Clerk’s Offices (Lead Firm: Abbott Brown Architects)
Student Project Category
- Award of Excellence – Urban Microregeneration – Zhiyi (Christina) Chen (NSCAD)
Urban Architecture Category
- Award of Merit – Tel Lofts (Lead Firm: Abbott Brown Architects)
- Award of Merit – Gorsebrook Park (Lead Firm: architectsAlliance in association with Michael Napier Architecture)
- Award of Excellence – Velo (Lead Firm: Lydon Lynch Architects)
- Award of Excellence – Stanley Street Homes (Lead Firm: Eric Stotts Architect in association with Andrew Lynch)
Kudos to all the competitors! The submissions received were fantastic.
For more information, please visit our website.