Nova Scotia's top doctor says there are currently no plans to require visitors from other Atlantic provinces to self-isolate for 14 days.
Earlier this week, both New Brunswick and Newfoundland and Labrador announced any Nova Scotians heading to those provinces now need to quarantine.
Prince Edward Island has suspended all non-essential travel until at least Dec. 7.
"We're not contemplating that at this time," Dr. Robert Strang told NEWS 95.7's The Rick Howe Show. "The reality is, what's driving COVID in Nova Scotia is in Nova Scotia."
However, Strang has instructed his team to find out how many cases can directly be attributed to travel to and from New Brunswick.
"We'll be tracking that closely in the days ahead to really inform whether we need to do anything more at the border," he explained. "But right now I don't think it's necessary."
"It wouldn't add much to what we're doing and frankly, it would divert a lot of resources to have to have something back in place at the Amherst border, so we would only do that if it's really going to be helpful in controlling COVID."
Strang and Premier Stephen McNeil have already asked Nova Scotians to avoid all non-essential travel at this time.
"We're in the middle of the second wave of a pandemic, so for everybody, staying close to home is how we help minimize the transmission of this virus," Strang added.