Skip to content

Newfoundland and Labrador declares no active cases of COVID-19 in province

ST. JOHN'S, N.L. — Newfoundland and Labrador is back down to zero active cases of COVID-19. The Department of Health said today the two most recent cases reported this month are now considered recovered. The cases involved two employees of the St.
gac10579306

ST. JOHN'S, N.L. — Newfoundland and Labrador is back down to zero active cases of COVID-19.

The Department of Health said today the two most recent cases reported this month are now considered recovered.

The cases involved two employees of the St. John's-shot television series "Hudson & Rex," who tested positive for the virus earlier in August.

Three people have died from COVID-19 in the province and 265 people have recovered.

Ten cases have been reported since the beginning of May.

News of the recoveries comes days before an order requiring mask-wearing in indoor public spaces enters into effect across the province.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published Aug. 21, 2020.

The Canadian Press




Comments

Rogers Media
6080 Young Street Halifax, NS, B3K 5L2 © 2006-2020 Rogers Media. All rights reserved.